Conditions of Letting and Regulations for using West End Village Hall
Please note that smoking is not allowed anywhere within the hall and no lighted candles can be used.
The hirer shall:
- Ensure that there is no nuisance through amplified music or from people attending likely to infringe the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Defray the cost of making good any damage to the building, furniture, crockery or other property.
- Leave the premises in a clean and orderly state with crockery and cutlery washed up and replaced in the cupboards (tea towels and detergent must be provided by the hirer).
- Make no alterations to the existing light fittings or other electrical circuits without permission and shall not permit any nail, screw, hook, drawing pin or other fastening to be driven into the structure, furniture or fittings of the hall.
- The hall is not licensed for the sale of alcohol or for Public Entertainment. For either to take place, users must obtain the previous consent of the Trustees in writing and obtain the necessary li
cence (Temporary Event Notice) from Elmbridge Borough Council
- Ensure that, where any c
harge is made for admission to functions, this shall be by ticket purchased before the doors are opened and not by paying on entrance.
- Ensure that no dogs are allowed inside the hall.
- Be responsible for returning all furniture to its prescribed position in the store, turn out all lights and ensure that the heating control is set to timed.
- Reserve to themselves and their accredited representative the right to entry at all times to all parts of the premises.
- Reserve the right to cancel any booking, in which event the total charges paid by the hirer will be refunded and the Village Hall shall not be liable to pay any compensation.
- Will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property brought into the premises by the hirer, his employees or any other person whatsoever or for any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred or be done or happen to any persons using the premises.
Session Times, Parties and Related Functions
- The session times, which must be adhered to unless previous permission has been obtained, are:
a. Morning 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
b. Afternoon 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm
c. Evening 6.00 pm to Midnight
- Young children's parties and discos are allowed in the afternoon or early evening provided that a minimum of one adult per 10 children is in attendance.
- Parties for 13 to 21 year olds are not permitted.
- Music should be turned down at 11 pm and turned off by 11.30 pm.